Sunday, December 10

Missing Da-da










Austin and I spent the week alone as Chris was in Colorado Springs with work. We missed him terribly, especially Austin. Anytime we would go outside and he would see Chris' car parked, he'd point and ask 'da-da? da-da?' Just breaks my heart. We're so fortunate he's only gone a little while this time!

I'm so sorry I've been so out of touch with this blog. There really hasn't been a whole heck of a lot going on and I find myself asking where the day went more and more. To catch up, we went to Maine for Thanksgiving. Had a great time visiting with all of our family up there. The highlight of our trip was most definitely Chris' grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect and the bride and groom couldn't have been happier.

Since we've been back there's been lots to do with Santa on his way. Decorating the house became a huge hazard with Austin being so interested and hungry for Christmas lights. Yes he actually tried to eat the lights for snack time one day. So rather than electrocuting our son, we decided to move the tree and other not so child friendly decorations to the den in the basement. Here's a pic of one of the few decorations he can play with. Call it his Christmas Wow! The penguins dance and sing and sure as sugar our little man mimics them too!

I think part of the reason why I haven't posted in so long is that Aussie-roo is getting increasingly more difficult to photograph. I think he's grown old of it and now that he's a walking man he has no problem turning his back to me if I'm pointing a lens in his face. This too shall pass, I sure hope it does.... This afternoon he was a little curious and enjoyed exploring the different elements of my camera. He's really into everything these days, very interested in how things work and how things are taken apart ;o).

Well I hope you are all enjoying the season. Hope to write again soon.

All our love, Liz, Chris, Austin and Hannah

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay, Austin is back! Sounds like you guys have been busy and I can totally relate to having a little guys into EVERYTHING! Hope to see you soon, enjoy the holiday season!