Sunday, March 2

Le Petit Prince





'Look mama, I skateboard too!'


I know they're a lot of the same picture over and over, but Austin was having a great time with the crown he had made in school last month. I finally got a box to store all his projects in and when they all resurfaced he took favor with this one. I just love his imagination these days and all the art work he creates at school and at home. He could spend the entire day painting and coloring if I let him. I'm looking forward to it getting less messy at this point, but I am really amazed with the things he creates and all on his own.

He's really getting so big. The other day at the Farmer's Market he saw a little girl (maybe 5 or 6) zooming around on her Heelys, you know the sneakers with the wheels in the soles. Well he wanted to skate so very bad, just like the girl and he would run, run, run! and stop short and say 'Look at me mom, I skateboard too!' Now I ask myself, at what age do I introduce him to a skateboard or Heelys? I think we should stick with skiing and swimming, then work our way to the less gentle fall, more bone breaking, hard surface hitting sports.

P.S. His rash seems to be getting a little better. He has a follow up appointment Tuesday, we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Erin said...

So handsome he is! Cant wait to see you soon...also, those floors look awesome :)

Deb said...

What a prince! There must be a royalty theme going on b/c Josh & Katie have been into that lately too. Can't wait to see you guys next week!