Monday, August 21

Weekend to PA














Hello all! We had a great weekend, spent Sunday in Gettysburg PA enjoying the company of our friends at a crab feast hosted by Dave's grandparents. It was great being around such wonderful people and getting to know Dave and Heather's family. We even got to meet little Riley Walton. I was a dweeb and hardly took any pictures what-so-ever. Chris and I were both pretty busy chasing after Austin. Dave gave us the locals tour of Gettysburg and was only able to scratch the surface. I can't wait to go back and see more, take more pictures and spend some time with the Amish and Mennonite. We hope to go back in the fall during harvest, pick some apples, pumpkins enjoy the park, maybe take the bike, it'll be cool then.

I just love this area of the country. There is so much to do and see and find. We have so many friends, so much family around. We just love it. I threw in a couple of pictures I took at Quiet Waters Park today with Austin. We had a good time playing and walking the trails. The wood pictures I took are from a pirate ship sculpture near the entrance of the park. We had never explored there before so we checked it out today. Not exactly a great place for little Oz to play on but definitely interesting.

The last bit of pictures I took after we received Austin's new humidifier. I must say this is the 6th one we've bought and by far the best, blows every other out of the water. For all mommy or soon-to-be friends, you've got to get one of these. It made by Crane and if you search on Target's site, they have the best selection, you'll find bears and penguins and cats, dogs, polar bears, soccer balls, I got Austin the frog. I find they're cute for a baby's room and they're the only humidifier that got a 4 star rating, every other one had less than 3 stars. Anyway, this thing came in a box 5 times it's size. Austin had a blast playing in the box and with all the packing materials. What a goon! He's growing so fast I can't believe it.

Thanks for checking in on us. Let me know which 'wood' picture you all like the best.

Love to all, Liz, Chris, Austin & Hannah-the-wonder-dog

1 comment:

momto2boys said...

Hey..Austin gets cuter everyday! What a doll. I like the first wood picture the best. I am so jealous where you guys are... what a great part of the country is right! At least I can live vicariously through the blog. :)