Wednesday, August 30

A Quick trip to East Hampton

Chris and I made a very quick trip to East Hampton, seems like we never get enough time there. We had big plans to take the kids to the beach but it not only rained on our parade, it poured! The entire time we were there it just rained cats and dogs. Wish we could get that kind of moisture here. Despite the weather we had a terrific time. We actually were able to go out on mom and Dan's boat for a bit between showers. I was terrible and hardly took any photos at all. The one's I did take though, I love. Austin loves the boat, so much he can say boat and Grammy is working on teaching him what a boat says. Austin walked miles this past weekend, not alone but with the help of a walker that Grammy got him. He's unstoppable in that thing, even plays chase with Chris and I, laughing Austin style all the way.






























































We were able to spend some time with Leah, Ben, Patty and Michael which was wonderful to have the time to catch up. I wasn't able to go to one of Leah's yoga classes, hopefully next time. Austin was thrilled to meet Ben, the other love of Auntie Leah's life. He also got to meet Auntie Trina, my earliest childhood friend. We hadn't seen one another in a few years, but as always Trina and I picked up right from where we left off. It just felt so good to be around her and Leah, I guess because they know me better than most and well they were there when I would get grounded, be heartbroken, elated-in-love ..... you get the point. I'm thrilled to have Trina state-side again and can't wait to see her, Janine and momma-Barbara soon on their visit to see us here in Annapolis.


















































I had left Maryland a day before Chris and surprised my bro' in Brooklyn for his 30th Birthday. Once again I was so, so bad and took not a single photo. The surprise was incredible though, perfectly timed and just such a treat to be able to celebrate with him. Austin, Hannah and I pulled right in front of his house just as he and Laura were arriving back from work at the end of the day. I couldn't have done it without her help, you're awesome thanks so much Laura. Thanks for helping me make Chris' birthday so unforgettable for all of us.




That's it for now. Chris and I purchased a new car today. I'll post some pics as soon as I take some. Here's a pic of Austin car shopping with us. He was so patient the past two days and loves sitting in the front seat while Chris and I took turns test driving. We love our new car and can't wait to share the pics with you all. Thanks for checking in with us. We miss you.

Love and memories, Liz

1 comment:

jltomasovic said...

I love your photos. I miss you so much. Michael and I are getting ready for big trip around the world (again). We return to MD on September 7th, and we will have to get together and catch up on life and kids and real estate too! Good luck with everything. We too are in the process of buying a car for when Jason returns to the states. You will have to tell me all the details on what you bought. Take care.

Love,
Jen, Jason and Michael