Thursday, August 9

The End of an Era

Some of you may not know that Chris has decided to separate from the Air Force. His terminal leave has already begun (just after his surgery 2 weeks ago) and tomorrow will mark his official farewell at a luncheon being held in his honor.

I can't speak on his behalf, but I'm pretty sure he'd agree... I believe the Air Force has given us so much more than a paycheck and great benefits. The Air Force is in no way just a job, it's a way of life, a life Chris and I have lived while dating, engaged, married, pregnant, mourning, moving, changing.... We met friends we consider our family, jobs we hated and jobs we loved. All the way we were changed for the best, we knew what and who to appreciate more, we grew closer to family while living further apart and most importantly we grew from a young couple in love into a family. We're taking away some of the greatest and some of the hardest times we will ever know. The Air Force has been good to us. We have some pretty big plans, and even bigger dreams, so get ready gang, we're gearing up for quite an adventure (more on that to come).

I am so proud of all that you have done serving our country Chris. Thank you love, I'm honored to say that you're my husband and my hero.

Taken on his last day of work.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz,

I was incredibly moved by your beautiful sentiments regarding the time you and your family have spent in our great Air Force. Best of luck as you open a new chapter in your lives! I know you will do great things.

~Lindsey Lee

Erin said...

Looking forward to to whats in store for the Sauciers!!! I just hope you stay close by! xo

Sam said...

Liz & Chris, I am so grateful the Air Force allowed us to meet. Congrats to you as you move on to the next stage of life. I hope we'll stay in touch! I can't bear the thought I won't be able to meet Austin sometime in the future. Best of luck to you guys!

Bethalow said...

I miss you three and am so blessed that the AF allowed us to cross paths! Thank goodness our hubbies liked each other so that we could meet! (Better late then never, right!?) Congrats and best of luck- we will always be close at hand though! (Continuing our adventures apart, but so together!!!)

Sally Y said...

How exciting!! Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures! Best of luck with the transition! The AF will miss you!

Kim and Matt said...

Ditto what Lindsey said. What a beautiful way to state what your life has been like in this wonderful thing we call the United States Air Force. Good luck with your new adventures. I know you both will do great things.

Kim, Matt & Avery Grace

momto2boys said...

Ditto...Ditto...Ditto.. I know that I am not near as eloquent as everyone else. But I know I am so glad that you were both lead on this path so that our pathes could cross.. I am sure that we will continue to be in touch.. Good luck to you all!! God Bless.