Monday, April 21

Like a Fish!








Austin had his first swim lesson today and did so well, I just had to write and let you all know how proud I am of our guy. There are four children in the class. All boys and the other three are 4-year-olds who know one another. Austin took the lead the entire class and really showed the big kids up. Their parents couldn't get over how he was not intimidated at all by the water. At one point he even copied the instructor and took a dip under himself, came up a bit startled, but made eye contact with me (who was watching from outside) and began laughing and splashing all over again. I must say, I'm still a little nervous at just how comfortable he really is around the water, but feel confident that he will be swimming on his own in no time.

The outdoor pool at our gym opens for the season Wednesday, which I am thrilled about, not that I'll be in a swim suit anytime soon but Austin has a blast and that's what matters most.

Here are a few pictures I took with our little point-and-shoot outside on the observation deck. I was shooting through glass so they may be a little distorted. There are a couple here too of Austin having a blast splish-splashing in a puddle outside our house.

Sorry the posts have been so few and quite far in between. I'm sure once the little one arrives, I'll make up for lost time in a big way :o) Hope you are all doing well.

Lots of love, Liz

No comments: