Monday, October 9

Our Little Stud






What a cutie pie you are Mr. Aussie-roo! We had a good deal of fun taking a few pictures around the house, just cruisin'.... that's all. Austin has been working very hard at walking, it just cracks him up to hear me saying 'good job Bug!' as he walks toward me. Its certainly possible for the little man to be laughing at the expression on my face, you'd think I'm the one learning to walk. This whole experience has left me up in arms. I know he'll just do it when he wants, he does everything else that way and shows complete ability to do it on his own.

He's been saying a lot of new words these days and making lots of new sounds. Just today he say 'hi Memere' and 'bye Memere'. We think he may be hinting at something Memere. He also started saying 'juice', well it's more like jui, with no ce but we know what he means. He makes noises like fire truck and ambulance sirens and the sound a boat makes (though it sounds much like his toy trucks at home) and what a cat says and the way a car sounds when it's changing gears. He's still crazy about trains and trucks and of course his Hannah.

My favorite is when we're outside and a plane passes overhead, he points up at it and says his famous little 'Wow!' loves airplanes just like his dada. He now knows the tune to the abc song, but there's no letters, just da-da, if you can imagine the alphabet song where the only letter is da. It's simply amazing all the things he's picked up in just a few short days.

He took two steps on his own tonight which is a start. I honestly feel blessed that he's not walking on his own yet, he literally sprints when he's in his walker. It's quite scary to think of the potential hazards he'll be in once he's not confined to it. I took him to the doctor the other day as he has a skin irritation on his face (poor thing got my skin sensitivity) and he weighed in at a whopping 28 lbs. He has size 18-24 month clothes that are way to short for him and a few pairs of 2T that are the right length, but just falling off his little bum. Looks like we might have to use Karen and Gary's trick and get him a dog collar-belt to hold his pants up.

That's about all the updates I have for now on Austin. Real Estate is going well, if anyone needs help finding a good agent in their area let me know, I've been having great success matching friends and family with the perfect agent. The market has slowed down a bit, but is still moving at a decent pace in our area. The agents who are actually deciding on staying in the business, like myself, are really relying on referral business from friends and family to make it all work and to get them through this dry spell. So friends and family, anyone, anywhere doing any kind of Real Estate transaction will help my business tremendously.

As for Chris, well he'll have the next post all to himself as he went on an amazing adventure this weekend with Dana. Stay tuned for that. Thanks all for checking in on us. I hope you are all in good health and spirits are high. Please send feedback, let me know how everything is going for you. All my love, Liz (and the gang)

1 comment:

Sam said...

Liz, he is so gorgeous. You can tell what a vibrant personality he has on him even from the photos.
I look forward to Chris's post...sounds interesting! :) Hope you are all doing well! :)