Sunday, May 28

After Lunch













After lunch we took a drive out to St. Michaels, a small tourist town on the Eastern Shore. Love this picture of Austin and Chris. That's quite a catch you've got Daddy!!! Chris was actually holding Ausitn out to the side, arms fully extended, just so I could 'get the shot.' What troopers I have, dealing with me and my picture taking all the time. After posing for a few pictures we walked around the Maritime Museum, well as much as we could, the park was closing shortly after we had gotten there, which was really kind of a bumemr, it seemed like a very interesting, very charming place. W ehave two and a half years lef tot make it back here so we didn't sweat it too much.

The three of us stumbled upon some really lucky ducks. "Why were they lucky?" you ask? Just because they were fed by Austin and his dad. I met a friend while Chris and Austin were feeding, he posed for me for like 5 minutes, I've named him Woody. He was putting on a show for some food. Chris actually got him to eat out of his hand. Austin just liked watching the ducks swim, I think he wanted to join them.

The weather was amazing for us. The day wouldn't have been complete without an ice cream treat. Both my guys love, love, love Ice cream. So we walked down to the village and found the most authentic old ice cream shop, rickety floors and all. The specials were posted on the wall and consisted of concoctions 'regular' customers had come up with. I played it safe and got the peanut butter cup ice cream.

St Michael's is really quaint town with beautiful old houses and great Antique shops, that are of course like everything else out here, is a tad bit overpriced. Chris and I found an old plate rack to hang on the wall, about 50" wide, never seen one as big. We would have love to have it, the store owners just wanted a little too much and we weren't in the mood for barteringing. Maybe we'll stumble across another someday.

On our way back to the car the weather started to turn and it began to drizzle, a sign that our perfect day was coming to an end. Just before we got to the car Austin spotted a couple of bunny rabbits in the grass. Isn't he cute?
I could not have asked for a better first Mother's Day, thanks so much honey, I love you and I love all the thought you put into making my day so special for me. You really are the best.

Well I hope you have all enjoyed my latest installment. We have been busy, but as you can see not too busy to enjoy our time together. We are looking forward to going to East Hampton in a few weeks and will hopefully have Austin in the sand at the beach where I grew up. I know Austin's Gram is really loking forward to seeing him again and he keeps asking me when he'll get to see his Bo-be (my brother Chris) and auntie Leah again. Hopefully Chris B will be in EH when we're there (that's a hint dude). We miss all of you and really wish we could see you all soon. I know I've said it before and I'll say it again, our door is always open to you people, there's lots to do here so don't be afraid to make the trip. Love to all.

Liz, Chris, Austin & Hannah-the-wonder-pup

3 comments:

momto2boys said...

Looks like your boys treated you to an awesome first"official" mommy's day.. you deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

Could he be any cuter?! I can't wait for Austin and Eli to meet. Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe little austin is almost a year old. happy anniversary to you and chris and happy birthday to the little guy.i never forget about y'all, i just always forget to tell you i'm thinking of ya ...
love to all,
brandy