Sunday, February 3

A New Read


I just wanted to post on a few things I am reading right now. First off, for those who know me I think you'll be very proud to hear that I've finished a book and I'm actually almost through my second one of the year! I hope to read more than one a month this year, but would be happy with that.

Cover Image
I really enjoyed Eat, Pray, Love by, Elizabeth Gilbert. I did think that there were times where she explains things and she sounds crazy (and fully admits it) but didn't give enough information or back story on things for you to actually really feel her emotions. But for the most part it was a very good story and just one of those books that are so easy to read and follow and very entertaining and at the same time very informative on cultures and rituals... yes I really loved it.

Cover Image

The book I am reading right now is The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan. This book has consumed me in so many ways. It has brought me back to being daddy's little girl and has made me cry on more than a couple occasions. She tells her story, of how she as a mother of two, was diagnosed with breast cancer and just as she is recuperating from chemotherapy her father is diagnosed with cancer for the third time. She's stuck in the middle place, where she won't accept loosing her father as an option and steps up as a parent for her parent, but also is at a point in her life where she needs to be her mom and dad's little girl still because of the battle she's fighting with cancer. I do it no justice, really, it's fantastic and I urger you all to buy it and read it. Most of you will probably breeze through it in one night. I was lucky enough to meet Kelly at a special night out (one of my 'cultural' activities) book reading and signing of hers. One of my friends went to school with her and organized the whole get together. She read from the book and there wasn't a dry eye in the place.

The third read I have just discovered is my new favorite mommy's blog Soule Mama. She's a mom of three in Portland, ME and has a book being released in April on raising a creative family. I really just love her style of writing and her photography. I think I may copy her current project, 30 days of pictures.

Hopefully you look into these reads that have all in their own ways, brought a certain level of inspiration to me.

No comments: